Touchdown Turkey Pesto Party Pops
Hail Mary Horseradish Dipping Sauce
Score winning points with game fans when you serve these tasty turkey pesto pops with a kickn' cranberry and horseradish dipping sauce! Recipe by Devon Delaney of Westpoint, Connecticut, 2012 Ocean Spray Tailgating Recipe Contest Winner.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Turkey Pesto Party Pops:
1 pound ground turkey
1/3 pound mild Italian bulk sausage
2/3 cup Italian seasoned croutons, crushed
1/4 cup basil pesto
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Hail Mary Horseradish Dipping Sauce:
1 cup Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
2 ounces goat cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons prepared grated horseradish
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F (205°C). Grease a large baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- For Turkey Pesto Party Pops: Combine the turkey, sausage, croutons, pesto, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Shape turkey mixture into uniform meatballs and lay side by side on oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked through.
- For Hail Mary Horseradish Dipping Sauce: Place cranberry sauce, goat cheese, sour cream and horseradish in a blender or food processor and pulse until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley to garnish.
- Poke meatballs with lollipop sticks and place in a transportable container to take to the tailgate party along with the dipping sauce.
Makes about 24 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.