Whole-Wheat Spinach Ricotta Quiche Cups
A delightful and impressive twist on traditional quiche, whole-wheat tortillas are used to create individual crusts that are filled with a delicious combination of chopped spinach and cheeses. For another variation add finely chopped ham. Perfect for your next brunch or baby shower. Share this great recipe with friends.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (10-ounce) package whole-wheat 6-inch tortillas
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ®CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
1 cup egg substitute or 4 large eggs
1 cup chopped baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray ten, 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Soften tortillas by heating in microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 10 seconds. Press tortillas into muffin cups to form quiche crusts.
- Whisk evaporated milk, egg substitute, spinach, ricotta and Swiss cheeses, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture into prepared quiche bases, dividing evenly. Stir mixture frequently to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean and tortilla edges are lightly browned.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove quiches. Serve warm.
Makes 10 servings.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham maybe added to the milk mixture.
- Quiche cups can be made ahead and frozen. To reheat, place on baking sheet and bake in preheated 325°F (160°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or, place in 2 to 4 quiche cups on microwave-safe plate and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 2 1/2 to 5 minutes or until hot.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 180 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 2.5 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 280 mg Carbohydrates: 18 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 4 g Protein: 11 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.