Berry Streusel Bars
A double berry crumb bar made with blueberries combined with raspberry or strawberry preserves.
1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1/3 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, combine oats, 1 1/4 cups flour, sugar and margarine; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, combine blueberries, preserves, 1 teaspoon flour and lemon peel, if desired; mix gently. Spread evenly over crust to within 1/2-inch of edges. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Makes 16 bars.
Nutritional Informational Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories 180, Calories From Fat 80, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrates 23g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 2g, Total Sugars 10g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.