Blueberry Delight Bars
This yogurt dessert bar is nutritious and berry delicious! A filling of blueberries and velvety Greek yogurt tops a whole grain oatmeal crust.
Nonstick cooking spray
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 quart fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt - divided use
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen - divided use
All-purpose flour, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat 9x9x2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix oats, 3/4 cup yogurt, and brown sugar. Press out oat mixture evenly in bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and cornstarch. Add rest of yogurt and white sugar; stir until blended.
- If using frozen blueberries, toss 1 3/4 cups in small amount of flour until lightly coated; discard excess flour. Gently fold berries into batter; pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes; refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Cut into 9 pieces, garnish each piece with 1/4 cup blueberries.
Makes 9 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/9 of recipe): Calories: 280; Total Fat: 3.5 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 21 mg; Sodium: 60 mg; Calcium: 15% Daily Value; Protein: 12 g; Carbohydrates: 50 g; Dietary Fiber: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.