If you love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, then you're sure to love these moist carrot bars with a fluffy sour cream icing.
1 (15-ounce) can diced carrots
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Sour Cream Icing:
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup light sour cream
3 cups powdered sugar
- For Carrot Bars: Blend carrots in blender. Combine with sugar,oil and eggs in large mixing bowl.
- Combine together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon – add this to carrot mixture, mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Place in greased 11 x 18-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Sour Cream Icing.
- For Sour Cream Icing: Blend together butter, sour cream and vanilla. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Makes 24 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Canned Vegetable Council.