Chocolate Amaretto Bars
A layer of chocolate fudge with a hint of amaretto rests upon a buttery crust. Top it all off with a drizzling of chocolate and you've got dessert.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, cut into pieces, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups sliced almonds
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
Chocolate Drizzle (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For Crust: Beat flour, butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Press into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Filling: Beat eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter, cornstarch and liqueur in medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir in almonds and 1 2/3 cups morsels. Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Chocolate Drizzle: Place remaining 1/3 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10 to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for a few minutes to firm chocolate before cutting into bars.
Makes 30 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe): Calories: 250 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat: 12 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 40 mg Sodium: 60 mg Carbohydrates: 30 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 20 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.