Chocolate 'Berried Treasure' Bars
You'll find sweet delight in every bite in these chocolate layered bars. Featuring a chocolate graham cracker crust layered with almonds, dried berries and chocolate chips, these bars are worth their weight in gold!
2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter
1 cup plain granola cereal
1 3/4 cups (11.5 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks - divided use
1 1/3 cups (6 ounce package) dried cranberries, blueberries and/or cherries
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in 13x9x2-inch baking pan in oven; remove from oven. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter. Stir well; press onto bottom of pan.
- Layer granola, 1 1/4 cups chunks, dried fruit and almonds over graham cracker crust. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over almonds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned and bubbly around edge. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Microwave remaining chunks in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100% power) for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Cut tiny corner from bag and squeeze to drizzle over top of bar. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is form. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 240 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat: 12 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 90 mg Carbohydrates: 32 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 24 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.