Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Chocolate cake mix, evaporated milk and caramels make these the most moist and tender brownies this side of paradise. Add chocolate chips and chopped nuts and you'll think you've already arrived!
1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk - divided use
1 (10-ounce) package soft caramels, unwrapped
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl. Stir in butter and 2/3 cup evaporated milk (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter into ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Sprinkle chips over brownie; drizzle with caramel mixture.
- Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 24 brownies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 290;Calories from Fat: 140; Total Fat: 15 g; Saturated Fat: 7 g; Cholesterol: 30 mg; Sodium: 250 mg; Carbohydrates: 35 g; Dietary Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 24 g; Protein: 5 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.