Chocolate Crumb Bars
A delicate crumb base supports a creamy chocolate filling topped with chocolate chips and crunchy, butter cookie crumbs.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Combine 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in a small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
- Stir nuts and remaining morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.