Chocolate Marshmallow Crumble Bars
Chocolate bars smothered in a topping of marshmallows, peanut butter, chocolate and puffed rice cereal, what else is there?
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 cups puffed rice cereal
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Cream together sugar and butter until fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, walnuts, cocoa and baking powder; Stir into butter mixture and spread in the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over top; bake for 3 minutes to melt. Remove from oven and let it cool down.
- Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in cereal and salt and mix gently to combine. Spread the mixture over the marshmallow layer; let them cool down before cutting into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.