Chocolate Praline Mud Squares
Decadent chocolate, caramel and pecan cookie squares.
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/4 cups butter, melted - divided use
1 (12-ounce) jar caramel sauce
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 ounces baking chocolate
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 tablespoons water
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch pie pan; set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter in a bowl; stir well. Press the mixture into the prepared pie pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. on a wire rack.
- Combine caramel sauce and 3 tablespoons flour in a small bowl, mixing well. Spread over the crust to within 1/4-inch of the edge; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup butter and baking chocolate in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted. Stir in sugar, 1 cup flour, beaten eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this mixture into the pie pan . Bake for 50 minutes.Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make frosting by combining 1 tablespoon butter, unsweetened baking cocoa, and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick. Stir in 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Spread the frosting over the chocolate topping. Garnish with 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar and toasted pecan halves.
Makes 24 squares.