Chocolate Raspberry Nut Bars
These bars are a perfect combination of flavors and topped with slivered almonds, a perfect dessert for any occasion. Recipe created by Linda LaPlace of Nokomis, Florida.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves or jam
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
1 cup chopped slivered almonds
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- Combine flour and sugar in large mixer bowl. Cut butter into mixture with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and almond extract; stir with a fork until moistened (mixture will still be crumbly). Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press remaining mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Spread preserves over crust, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Combine reserved crumbs, morsels and almonds in same bowl. Sprinkle chocolate mixture over preserves layer, pressing lightly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. While still warm, score into 4 dozen bars. Cool completely in pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough milk in small bowl to make drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars; let stand until set. Cut bars along scored lines.
Makes 48 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe): Calories: 140; Calories from Fat: 60; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Sodium: 30mg; Carbohydrates: 19g; Dietary Fiber: .5g; Sugars: 13g; Protein: 1g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.