Double Chocolate Brownies
Double your chocolate pleasure with this incredible recipe for brownies!
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC). Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Heat shortening, sugar and water in medium saucepan to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup morsels; stir until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add in flour mixture. Stir in remaining morsels. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares.
Makes 16 brownies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 220 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 65 mg Carbohydrates: 27 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 20 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and images are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.