Easy Pecan Pie Bars
Quick and easy pecan pie bars, thanks to the use of a yellow cake mix for the crust.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch pan. Reserve 2/3 cup of the dry cake mix for filling.
- In large bowl, combine remaining dry cake mix, butter and 1 egg at low speed until well blended. Press in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In large bowl, combine reserved 2/3 cup dry cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs at low speed until moistened. Beat 1 minute at medium speed or until well blended. Pour filling mixture over warm base; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.