Easy Holiday Chocolate Chip Brownies
A holiday-load of chocolate chips and nuts, inside and out, easily put a festive touch to plain chocolate brownies.
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips - divided use
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chopped nuts - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large saucepan, over lowest heat, melt 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Spread the batter in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until just set. Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Makes 24 brownies.