This is not your grandma's fruitcake. These fruit bars are really yummy, honest!
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
2 cups mixed candied fruit
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can (15 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in 10x15-inch jelly roll pan; tilt pan to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly in pan; press down lightly.
- Layer coconut, candied fruit, dates and nuts over crumbs; press down lightly.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over all.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool; cut into bars.
Makes 36 bars.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.