Glazed Cappuccino Nanaimo Bars
Nanaimo bars, delicious multi-layered pudding dessert bars.
2/3 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons butter - divided use
1/3 cup dry chocolate drink mix
1 large egg
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup chopped pecans
6 tablespoons milk - divided use
3 teaspoons TASTER'S CHOICE® 100% Pure Instant Coffee - divided use
3 tablespoons instant chocolate or vanilla custard (pudding) mix
3 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar - divided use
1/2 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (175ºC). Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil; lightly grease.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter and combine with chocolate drink mix in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth. Whisk in egg. Stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut and pecans until evenly combined. Pat into prepared pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Cool completely.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/4 cup milk and 2 teaspoons instant coffee. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir until coffee is dissolved. Whisk in custard mix until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup butter until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. Beat in cooled milk and custard mixture and remaining powdered sugar until smooth. Spread evenly over base; refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoons butter and 1 teaspoon instant coffee in a microwave-save bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Stir in chocolate chips, whisking until smooth. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Spread evenly over filling. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Cut into bars to serve. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Makes 16 bars.
Recipe is property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.