Layered Peanut Butter Cup Bars
Peanut butter lover's rejoice, this is your cookie bar! A buttery shortbread crust coated with melted chocolate and topped with a creamy peanut butter filling and sprinkled with mini chocolate chips.
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, melted
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Blend together butter and sugar at medium speed of electric mixer. Stir in flour until incorporated and dough is crumbly. Press dough on bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over crust. Place in freezer while making peanut butter layer.
- For Filling: Blend together peanut butter, butter and vanilla. Stir in sugar, mixing until thoroughly combined. Spread over cooled chocolate layer. Sprinkle chips over peanut butter layer; press down firmly.
- Chill 2 hours; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.
Adapted recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.