No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Squares
No-bake cheesecake dessert squares with a graham cracker crust and topped with cherry pie filling.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (21-ounce) can cherry filling and topping
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and melted butter in a mixing bowl; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Refrigerate crust while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Put cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, lemon peel and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into prepared crust.
- Combine cherry filling and almond extract. Pour over cheese filling.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Makes 9 squares.
Recipe provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.