Oatmeal Caramel White Chip Bars
White chocolate chips and caramel topping makes for a tasty change up from the more common chocolate chip bars.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup caramel or butterscotch caramel fudge topping
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For Crust: Beat flour, sugar, butter, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl until crumbly. Beat in oats on low speed just until combined. Press half of mixture (about 2 1/2 cups) into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool in pan for 2 minutes.
- For Filling: Sprinkle crust with morsels and nuts. Blend caramel topping with flour. Drizzle over morsels and nuts. Crumble remaining oat mixture over nuts.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 36 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 220 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 160 mg Carbohydrates: 30 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 14 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.