Peanut Butter Dessert Squares
No baking required for this easy peanut butter and cream cheese treat.
2 cups chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, finely crushed
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and butter until well-mixed. Remove 1/4 cup of mixture; set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a 9x9x2 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Add milk; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cookie crumb layer in baking pan. Use a spatula to spread evenly. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the top. Cover; freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
Makes 9 squares.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.