Peanutty Piña Colada Bars
These scrumptious bars combine the flavor of pineapple and coconut with white chocolate chips.
This wonderful recipe was created by Jennifer Sweigert of Lynn Haven, Florida.
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
1/3 cup piña colada-flavored yogurt
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine peanut butter and butter in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until melted and combined. Remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, coconut extract and vanilla extract until combined. Stir in flour. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Melt morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Stir in yogurt. Spread over cooled bars. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Let stand until topping is cooled. Cut into bars. Cover; store in refrigerator.
Makes 32 bars.
*To toast coconut, spread coconut in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and stirring 2 to 3 times to prevent burning.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/32 of recipe): Calories: 170 Calories from Fat: 80 Total Fat: 9 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 60 mg Carbohydrates: 21 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 17 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.