Asian Beef Kebabs
Cubes of marinated sirloin steak are threaded onto wooden skewers with slices of corn on the cob, zucchini and green onions, grilled to perfection and served with an Asian-style dipping sauce.
1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
6 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil*
2/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 ears corn, husked
2 small zucchini
4 large green onions
Wooden skewers, soaked several minutes in water
- Place steak cubes in plastic zip-lock style bag.
- Whisk soy sauce, oil, vinegar, sesame seeds, sugar, garlic, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Reserve half to use as dipping sauce. Add remaining marinade to plastic bag. Seal; turn bag to coat meat well. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-hot.
- Meanwhile, cut corn and zucchini into 1-inch pieces. Cut each green onion into 3 pieces, each piece about 1 1/2-inches long.
- Cook corn in boiling water to cover for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain off water.
- Thread meat cubes onto skewers, alternating meat pieces with corn, zucchini and green onions. Brush once with marinade from plastic bag.
- Grill kebabs, covered, turning occasionally, 12 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and meat thermometer inserted in meat registers 145°F (60°C) for medium-rare.
- Serve with reserved marinade for dipping and hot cooked rice, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
*Available in the Asian specialty section of most grocery stores.