A very easy and satisfying dish that can be on the table in less than 20 minutes. Beef kabobs go great with just about any side dish.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
1 pound sirloin steak, cubed
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 onion, quartered
16 whole mushrooms
- For marinade, combine oil, lemon juice, water, Dijon mustard, honey, oregano and pepper. Add steak, green bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Toss to coat with marinade.
- On 8-inch-long skewers, thread steak, green bell pepper, onion and mushrooms.
- Broil 3 to 4-inches from heat for 9 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning and brushing occasionally with marinade.
Makes 4 servings.
- Can also be cooked on the grill.
- If using wood skewers, make sure to pre-soaked them for 20 minutes prior to using them.