Grilled Rump Roast with Curried Mustard
Grilled boneless beef roast served with a savory, curried-mustard cream sauce.
1 (3-pound) boneless beef round rump roast
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
1/2 cup sour cream
Snipped fresh chives (optional)
- Trim fat from meat.
- Stir together mustard, honey, curry powder and 1 teaspoon chives. Measure about 1 tablespoon of the mustard mixture; brush over meat. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the meat.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine the remaining mustard mixture and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In a covered grill arrange medium coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-low heat above the pan. Place meat on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill to desired doneness. Allow 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours for medium rare (140°F / 60°C) or 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours for medium (155°F / 65°C).
- Remove meat from grill and cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. (The meat's temperature will rise 5°F during standing.)
- Serve the meat with sauce and, if desired, additional snipped chives.
Makes 12 servings.