Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound Certified Angus Beef® boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
8 green onions (white and green), cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
8 ounces Napa cabbage, chopped
4 ounces bean sprouts
1 cup cooked short grain rice
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and sake in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat wok or electric frying pan to medium heat. Heat oil, add steak strips and stir until beef is browned (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Push beef to one side. On the other side, add green onions and chopped bell pepper; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sprouts. Stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle soy mixture over meat and vegetables still keeping the beef separate. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir to combine meat and vegetables. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.