Peppercorn Beef Kabobs
These broiled peppercorn and spice-encrusted sirloin steak kabobs make a quick and wonderful entrée for dinner.
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, 1 1/4-inches thick
1 1/2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Cut beef steak into 1 1/4-inch cubes.
- Combine peppercorns, salt, paprika and garlic in a shallow dish. Add beef pieces; toss to coat with peppercorn mixture.
- Thread an equal number of beef pieces onto each of four 12-inch skewers along with two onion wedges.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4-inches from heat. Broil 10 to 13 minutes to desired doneness (rare to medium), turning occasionally.
- Kabobs may also be grilled. Place skewers 4 to 5-inches above medium coals. Grill 13 to 17 minutes to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.