Peppered Beef Tip Roast
A family-priced roast that tastes like you broke the budget!
1 (4 to 6 pound) beef round tip roast
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine seasonings ingredients and rub evenly into surface of roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover roast.
- Roast approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Use an instant read thermometer and remove roast when internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C) for medium-rare or 155°F (70°C) for medium.
- Remove from oven and tent loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes prior to carving into thin slices.
Makes 8 to 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.