Peppered Top Sirloin Roast with Sautéed Broccolini
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) beef top sirloin petite roast
1 tablespoon seasoned pepper
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
12 ounces Broccolini, trimmed
1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices and separated into rings
1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Press seasoned pepper evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat to side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F (160°C) oven 60 to 75 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine cheese, butter and green onion in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add Broccolini, onion and water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes Remove cover and continue cooking 2 to 4 minutes or until water has evaporated and Broccolini is crisp-tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Immediately add 2 tablespoon blue cheese mixture; stir until butter is melted. season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F (57.2°C) for medium rare; 150°F (68.3°C) for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F (62.7°C) for medium rare; 160°F (71.1°C) for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with vegetables and remaining blue cheese butter.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Broccolini is also referred to as baby broccoli.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 277; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 102mg; Total Carbs: 7g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 176mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.