Rolled Steak with Wisconsin Mozzarella and Pepperoni
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
1 pound boneless beef round steak cutlet, 1/4-inch thickness
3 ounces large pepperoni, thinly sliced
6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
1 (14-ounce) jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
Fettuccine or pasta of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Layer the steak with pepperoni and mozzarella slices. Starting at the wide end, roll up the steak, tie with kitchen twine or secure it with wooden picks.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until browned.
- Pour 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce over the steak; continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes, or until steak reaches desired doneness. Cut the steak diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
- Warm the remaining spaghetti sauce over medium heat and serve with the steak. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve with pasta.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.