Rosemary Rib Roast
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
Rosemary Rib Roast:
5 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® rib roast
Balsamic vinegar for brushing
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush entire surface of roast with balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare Herb Paste: Combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and olive oil to make paste. Coat top, ends and sides of roast with herb paste.
- Place beef in the preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and continue roasting for 2 hours for a medium degree of doneness. Remove from oven and allow roast to stand 5 to 10 minutes; slice across the grain.
- Serve with garlic potatoes and roasted carrots.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 597; Total Fat: 34g; Saturated Fat: 13g; Cholesterol: 189mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 80g; Sodium: 2294mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.