Teriyaki Steak Skewers
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/3 cup reduced to sodium or regular soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
1 (5.2 to 6.8-ounce) package fried rice blend, prepared according to package directions (optional)
12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
Thinly sliced green onions
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/4 cup marinade. Cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
- Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 6 to 8 minutes), turning occasionally and brushing with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
- Serve skewers with rice, if desired. Garnish with onions.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe; 3 skewers): Calories: 198; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 638mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.