Thai Curry Beef
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 pound beef top sirloin or top round steak, cut 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick or flank steak
4 to 5 teaspoons Thai red curry paste - divided use
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 cups fresh stir-fry vegetable blend (broccoli, carrots, pea pods)
Hot cooked Jasmine rice (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to to 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine 3 teaspoon red curry paste and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Whisk coconut milk and remaining 1 to 2 teaspoon red curry paste in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt, as desired; keep warm.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable blend; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return beef to skillet; cook and stir until beef is heated through, about 1 minute. Serve over rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: For authentic flavor, garnish this dish with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges to squeeze over the top.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe using beef top sirloin steak): Calories: 318; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 13g; Cholesterol: 49mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 214mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.