Your kitchen will smell like a bakery when you make this wholesome, easy bread.
2 (0.25-ounce) packages active dry yeast or 4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
4 1/2 cups all-purpose or bread flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Grease 2 loaf pans; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water (105°F to 115°F | 40°C to 45°C). Add warm milk, sugar, salt, butter and eggs; mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together flour and oats. Gradually add to the yeast mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread in loaf pans, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until hollow-sounding when tapped. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 2 loaves.