Beer Biscuits with Honey Butter - Scratch Version
Break open one of these quick-and-easy biscuits and you'll find a moist, cake-like texture on the inside.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
3/4 cup beer, flat and at room temperature (half of a 12-ounce can)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons honey - or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease muffin tin; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening with a pastry cutter or the tips of your fingers until mixture is crumbly like split peas; stir in the butter and beer, mixing well.
- Fill muffin cups about three-fourths full.
- Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm.
- For Honey Butter: Combine the butter and honey together, mixing well. Makes 1/2 cup.
Makes 10 biscuits. (Recipe can be doubled.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 biscuit): 158.8 calories; 33% calories from fat; 5.9g total fat; 1.5mg cholesterol; 339.6mg sodium; 32.1mg potassium; 22.5g carbohydrates; 0.7g fiber; 2.6g sugar; 21.8g net carbs; 2.6g protein.
Nutritional Information Per Serving for Honey Butter (1 tablespoon): 93.8 calories; 85% calories from fat; 9.2g total fat; 24.3mg cholesterol; 65.3mg sodium; 4.9mg potassium; 3.5g carbohydrates; 0.0g fiber; 3.5g sugar; 3.5g net carbs; 0.1g protein.