Easy Cheesy Beer Bread
This recipe is sure to become one of your favorites! The bread also makes excellent toast...that is, if there is any leftover!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle or can "flat" beer*
- Lightly grease or spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and 1/2 cup cheese using a fork, make a well in the center and add the beer, stir with fork until well combined.
- Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan, sprinkle top with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside while the oven preheats.
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Once oven is heated, bake the bread for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Immediately remove bread from pan (run a knife between the bread and pan for easier removal) and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf.
*Regular Budweiser beer does very well in this recipe.