Pumpkin Maple Biscuits
These rich and flavorful pumpkin biscuits go well with all types of meals. Served with Pumpkin Maple Sauce, these biscuits are wonderful for breakfast, brunch or afternoon tea.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1/3 cup dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 tablespoon water
Pumpkin Maple Sauce:
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For Pumpkin Biscuits: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine baking mix, dry milk, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin and water just until moistened.
- Knead dough 10 times on lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut into 12 biscuits. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon sauce over warm biscuits.
- For Pumpkin Maple Sauce: Heat maple syrup, pumpkin and cinnamon in small saucepan until warm.
Makes 12 biscuits.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 208 Calories from Fat: 35 Total Fat: 3.9 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 331 mg Carbohydrates: 41.4 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 24 g Protein: 3.1 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.