Pumpkin Oat Streusel Muffins
These pumpkin oat muffins, with a crunchy streusel topping, are a delicious way to start your day.
1/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For Streusel: Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- For Muffins: Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts, if desired, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well. Combine pumpkin, milk, oil and egg in medium bowl; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved streusel, patting gently.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
Makes 1 dozen muffins.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.