Walnutty Egg Nog Cranberry Bread
This simple cranberry bread recipe is studded with lightly toasted walnuts and topped with a delicious egg nog glaze. Perfect for holiday entertaining or as a special homemade gift! Recipe created by Patty Mastracco.
2 cups prepared baking mix (such as Bisquick)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup egg nog
1/4 cup melted butter, plus extra for pans
1 teaspoon each: vanilla and rum extract
3 large eggs
1 cup coarsely broken or chopped California walnuts, lightly toasted
*1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries, halved or coarsely chopped
Egg Nog Glaze:
/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon egg nog
- For Bread: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C); butter 3 miniature loaf pans.
- Stir together baking mix, sugar and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk together egg nog, butter, extracts and eggs in a medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until flour is almost incorporated. Add walnuts and cranberries and stir again lightly (do not overmix).
- Spoon into prepared pans and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then remove from pans and drizzle with Egg Nog Glaze.
- For Egg Nog Glaze: Stir together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon egg nog until smooth. Remove cooled bread from pans and drizzle with glaze.
Makes 3 mini-loaves, or about 12 servings.
*1 cup dried cranberries may be substituted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 276; Total Fat: 13 g; Saturated Fat: 4 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 68 mg; Sodium: 222 m.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Walnuts.