Winter Spice Scones
Warm up the winter holiday mornings with the tender baked goodness of winter-spiced scones. Drizzled with a homemade spiced icing, these sweet scones are a perfect addition to breakfast gatherings.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer*
1 tablespoon grated orange peel or 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread Flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer*
1 teaspoon grated orange peel or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For Scones: Combne flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in large mixer bowl or food processor bowl. Add butter; mix on low speed or process until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs the size of peas. Add Coffee-mate and orange peel; mix or process for a few more seconds just until moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and press together gently until the dough clings together in a ball. Pat into a circle about 3/4-inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bakefor 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- For Icing: Combine powdered sugar, Coffee-mate and orange peel in small bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm scones. Scones are best served warm but will hold for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container.
Makes 8 scones.
*NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Holiday Flavors are available late September through early January each year.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 260 mg Carbohydrates: 41 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 16 g Protein: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.