Bacon Onion Quiche Bites
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
30 mini filo (phyllo) shells, 1 1/2-inches in diameter
3 large eggs
1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons bacon bits
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
Fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place filo shells on baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl beat together eggs, half-and-half, cheese, bacon bits and onion.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of filling into each filo shell.
- Bake until quiches puff and turn slightly brown or about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chives, if desired.
Makes 30 mini quiches.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe): Calories: 48; Total Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 87mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.