Cherry Almond Coffeecake
A very 'cherrilicious' cherry almond coffeecake.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 of a (21-ounce) can of cherry pie filling
1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Mix half of dry ingredients into butter mixture. Mix in sour cream, then remaining dry ingredients. Pour 2/3 of batter (about 2 cups) into prepared pan. Drop pie filling by tablespoons evenly over batter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over pie filling. Using back of spoon, carefully spread batter over filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in pan on rack. Cut around sides of pan. Remove pan.
Makes 12 servings.