Chocolate Almond Coffeecake
A creamy chocolate glaze is drizzled over this irresistible coffeecake. If you like sweets with your morning coffee, give this one a try, or serve it as dessert with your evening coffee instead.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, honey and almond extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Divide batter into prepared cake pans.
- Combine brown sugar and in medium bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sliced almonds and 1/2 cup morsels. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup morsels, butter or margarine and milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over coffeecake.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.