Chocolate Streusel Coffeecake
This 'cake-mix-easy' coffeecake is mildly flavored with coffee and topped with chocolate and a nut-laced streusel.
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1/3 cup chopped nuts
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ® TASTER'S CHOICE® 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water, cooled
6 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar*, chopped - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For Streusel: Mix flour and sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts.
- For Cake: Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting the strong coffee for water.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with half the chocolate, then the streusel mixture, and then the remaining chocolate.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool. Cut into squares.
Makes 16 servings.
*Or substitute with 6 ounces (1 cup) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (regular or miniature).
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.