Country Apple Coffee Cake
Refrigerated biscuits make quick and easy work of preparing this fresh apple coffee cake.
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated flaky-style biscuits
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 large egg
1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Using 1 tablespoon of the butter, generously grease a 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan. Spread 1 cup of the apples in greased pan.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces, points up, over apples. Top with remaining 1/2 cup apples.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, vanilla and egg; beat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is partially dissolved. Stir in pecans; spoon over biscuit pieces and apples.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. If desired, remove from pan.
- In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or cool. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.