A glazed, cinnamon-scented coffeecake, with slices of fresh peach baked within.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup apricot jam
1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in 1 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and 1 tablespoon flour. Sprinkle over peach slices; toss to coat. Fold peaches into batter.
- Pour into an 8-inch baking pan. Bake until wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Set aside in pan to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine jam and liqueur; bring to a boil. Spread evenly over cake and remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 9 servings.