Sausage Eggs Benedict
An easy sausage version of classic Eggs Benedict, thanks to the use of a ready-made hollandaise sauce.
1 (12-ounce) breakfast sausage roll
6 large eggs
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
3 English muffins, split and toasted
1 (8-ounce) jar hollandaise sauce
1 large tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 teaspoon paprika
- Slice sausage into 3/4-inch thick patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage 4 to 5 minutes each side; set aside.
- In a poaching pan, poach each egg until soft set, approximately 3 to 4 minutes in simmering water to which vinegar has been added. Fill shallow pan with warm water. Place each poached egg in water bath to keep until served.
- Split English muffins. Toast each half.
- Heat hollandaise sauce over low heat until warm.
- Place one toasted muffin half per serving on plate. Top with cooked sausage patty, then tomato and poached egg. Pour 2 tablespoons of hollandaise sauce over each egg. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.