Very Raspberry Coffeecake
A scrumptious oat coffeecake with swirls of raspberry preserves, a layer of fresh raspberries and topped with an oat streusel.
1/2 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream (1 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick or old fashioned oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup raspberry preserves
3/4 cup fresh or frozen (do not thaw) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray 9-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- For Streusel: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- For Coffeecake: In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Combined flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and soda and add to butter mixture; mix just until blended. Spread into pan.
- Spoon preserves over batter; swirl through batter with knife.
- Sprinkle raspberries evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle streusel over raspberries.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings.