Almond Cake with Cherry Brandy
This brandied almond cake has a deliciously moist and dense texture.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (7-ounce) package almond paste, broken into pieces
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon cherry brandy
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add almond paste, 1 piece at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in brandy, almond extract and salt.
- Mix flour and baking powder in small bowl; add to batter. Beat just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spreading evenly.
- Bake cake until top is golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.
- Transfer cake to platter. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Makes 8 servings.