Banana Nut Cake
Spiced banana nut and oat cake with a vanilla glaze.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 6 medium bananas)
3/4 cup thawed frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
3 to 4 tablespoons hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 10 or 12-inch Bundt® or tube pan; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl, except walnuts and Vanilla Glaze; mix well. Add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; turn cake out onto wire rack. Cool completely before drizzling with Vanilla Glaze.
- For Vanilla Glaze: Combine all ingredients in bowl, mixing well. Drizzle over baked cake. Makes about 2 cups glaze.
Makes 12 servings.